TAKULAH Traders Ltd purchased a machine for $650 000 and there was an accumulated depreciation balance of $110 000 at 30 June 2022. Its fair value is assessed at this time, with its first revaluation as $450 000. The machine’s useful life is expected to be 5 more years and the residual value to be $50 000. On 1 July 2023 the asset’s fair value is $460 000 and the residual value and useful life are expected to be unchanged (that is, there is 4 years of remaining life).
Provide the journal entries necessary to account for all the above transactions and events up to 1 July 2023, in accordance with AASB 116 if the revaluation is undertaken.
Fitbit Ltd has leased a machine on the following terms:
Date of entering lease 1 July 2019
Duration of lease 5 years
Life of asset 6 years
Unguaranteed residual value $40,000
Lease payments inception (at the start) $60,000
Annual payments (5) $65,000
Implied rate 11.0 %
Determine the Fair Value (rounded off) of the leased asset.
Dainty Ltd has an average weekly payroll of $200 000. The employees are entitled to 2 weeks’, nonvesting sick leave per annum. Past experience suggests that 56% of employees will take the full 2 weeks’ sick leave and 22% will take 1 week’s leave each year. The rest of the employees take no sick leave.
- Calculate the expected annual sick-leave expense for Dainty Ltd (on the basis of average salaries).
- Provide the journal entry necessary to recognise the sick-leave entitlement expense as it accrues each week.
- In the current week an employee with a weekly salary of $600 has been off sick for the first time this year. The employee took 2 days off out of her normal 5-day working week. Assuming that PAYG tax is deducted at 30%, what would the entry be to record the employee’s weekly salary (round amounts to the nearest dollar)?
Compaq Ltd has a net income after tax of $2 000 000 for the year ended 30 June 2018. At the beginning of the period Compaq Ltd has 900 000 fully paid-up ordinary shares on issue. On 1 January 2018 Compaq Ltd had issued a further 300 000 fully paid-up ordinary shares at an issue price of $2.00. On 1 March 2018 Compaq Ltd made a one-for-five bonus issue of ordinary shares out of retained earnings. The last sale price of an ordinary share before the bonus issue was $2.50. At the beginning of the current period Compaq Ltd also had 500 000, $1.00, 5% cumulative preference shares on issue. The dividends on the preference shares are not treated as expenses in the statement of comprehensive income. The basic earnings per share for the period ended 30 June 2017 was $1.50 per share.
- Calculate the basic EPS amount for 2018.
- Explain what is diluted EPS. Give one example of a security that can dilute the basic EPS.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your version of question.