Salad Ltd acquired all the net assets of an existing business, Lettuce Ltd on 1 July 2020. The statements of financial position of the two companies immediately prior to the acquisition were as follows:
|Salad Ltd||Lettuce Ltd|
|Cultivation equipment (net)||69,000||46,000|
|Loan – Bank of NSW||155,000||79,000|
|Loan – Bernard Bros||35,000||34,000|
|Loan – Golds Corp.||72,000||52,500|
|Share capital||110,000 shares||110,000||–|
All of the assets of Lettuce Ltd are recorded at fair value, with the exception of:
*Fair value excluding Lettuce’s vacant land.
The terms of the acquisition are as follows:
- Salad Ltd is to acquire all of the assets, except cash, delivery trucks and motor vehicles of Lettuce Ltd and will assume all of the liabilities except accounts payable.
- Salad Ltd is to give the share-holders of Lettuce Ltd a block of vacant freehold land, two delivery vehicles and sufficient additional cash to enable the company to pay of the accounts payable and then liquidation costs of $1,600.
- On the liquidation of Lettuce Ltd, the former directors are to receive the land, motor vehicles and the delivery trucks. The land and vehicles had the following values at 1 July 2020:
|Carrying amount||Fair Value|
- Prepare the acquisition analysis in relation to the acquisition.
- Prepare the journal entries in Salad Ltd to record the business combination.
- Prepare the statement of financial position of Salad Ltd immediately subsequent to the acquisition.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your version of question.