Tallridge Regional Medical Center
Formatting, Formulas, and Charts
- Open the file NP_EX19_CS1-4a_FirstLastNamexlsx, available for download from the SAM website.
- Save the file as NP_EX19_CS1-4a_FirstLastNamexlsx by changing the “1” to a “2”.
- If you do not see the .xlsx file extension in the Save As dialog box, do not type it. The program will add the file extension for you automatically.
- With the file NP_EX19_CS1-4a_FirstLastNamexlsx still open, ensure that your first and last name is displayed in cell B6 of the Documentation sheet.
- If cell B6 does not display your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
- Carmelo Miraglia is an executive consultant at Tallridge Regional Medical Center. Carmelo is building a workbook that summarizes income and expenses for the organization.
Change the theme of the workbook to Office.
- On the Departments worksheet, change the width of columns C through H to 00 characters.
- Change the height of row 1 to 21
- Merge and center the contents of the range A2:J2.
- Format the merged range A2:J2 as described below:
- Apply the 40% – Accent 5 cell style.
- Apply bold
- Change the font size to 14.
- Enter the values shown in Table 1 into the corresponding cells in the range A5:E5.
Table 1: Data for the Range A5:E5
- Format the range A5:J5 as described below:
- Center cell contents.
- Change the font size to 11
- Change the background color to Blue, Accent 5, Lighter 40% (9th column, 4th row of the Theme Colors palette).
- Apply Wrap Text to the text in each cell.
- Select the range A6:J14 and then add a White, Background 1 border to all sides of each cell.
- Select the range A14:J14 and then add a thin top border to each cell using the Automatic color.
- Select the range H6:H13 and then format the range as described below:
- Format the range with the Percentage number format with zero decimal places.
- Add a Highlight Cells conditional formatting rule that formats cells that are greater than 24 as light red fill with dark red text.
- Select the range I6:I13 and then use conditional formatting to add solid orange data bars.
- Select the range J6:J13 and then add top/bottom conditional formatting rules to format the top 10% of values as green fill with dark green text and the bottom 10% of values as light red fill with dark red text.
- Enter a formula in cell M7 using the VLOOKUP function to find an exact match for the department abbreviation. Look up the department abbreviation (cell M6) using an absolute reference, search the staff table data (the range A6:J13) using an absolute reference, and return the department name (the 2nd column).
- Copy the formula in cell M7 to the range M8:M15, and edit the copied formulas to return the value from the column indicated by the label in column L.
- In cell C17, enter a formula using the TODAY function that displays the current date.
- Delete column O.
- Hide row 18.
- On the Budget worksheet, create a 2-D pie chart based on the non-adjacent range A5:A12 and F5:F12. Modify the chart as described below:
- Resize and reposition the chart so that the upper-left corner is located within cell H4 and the lower-right corner is located within cell O22.
- Apply Chart Style 3 to the chart.
- Enter 2022 Budget by Department as the chart title.
- In the 2018 Budget by Department 2-D pie chart (located in the range H23:O43), make the following changes:
- Change the data labels to display only the percentage and a label position of Center. (Hint: Select Reset Label Text to remove category names)
- Reposition the legend on the right side of the chart.
- Update the Departmental Budget Comparison 2018-2022 combo chart in the range A15:G36 as follows:
- Change the minimum bound of the right vertical axis to 40,000,000.
- Add axis titles to the chart. Use Department Budgets as the left vertical title, use Total Budget as the right vertical title, and remove the horizontal axis title.
- Apply a shape fill to the chart using the Blue, Accent 5, Lighter 80% fill color.
- Delete the Hiring
Your workbook should look like the Final Figures on the following pages. Save your changes, close the workbook, and then exit Excel. Follow the directions on the SAM website to submit your completed project.
Final Figure 1: Departments Worksheet
Final Figure 2: Budget Worksheet
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your version of question.