Oval Lake Hospital
MANAGING YOUR DATA WITH DATA TOOLS
- Open the file NP_EX19_6a_FirstLastNamexlsx, available for download from the SAM website.
- Save the file as NP_EX19_6a_FirstLastNamexlsx by changing the “1” to a “2”.
- If you do not see the .xlsx file extension in the Save As dialog box, do not type it. The program will add the file extension for you automatically.
- With the file NP_EX19_6a_FirstLastNamexlsx still open, ensure that your first and last name is displayed in cell B6 of the Documentation sheet.
- If cell B6 does not display your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
- Donnie Cruz is a finance assistant for Oval Lake Hospital in south Florida. His current project is to format departmental data for the years 2021-2023 to make it easier to analyze.
Switch to the Cancer Center Unfreeze the top row of the worksheet.
- Sort the data in the CancerCenter table first in ascending order by the Admission field and then in ascending order by the Service field.
- Insert a Total Row in the CancerCenter table, and then use the Total row to calculate the total of the values in the 2021, 2022, and 2023 fields.
- The administrator overseeing the cancer center is considering mandating that all inpatient service names be different from outpatient service names, and wants to see which duplicate names are currently in use. Apply a conditional formatting rule to the range C4:C11 that uses Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text for duplicate values.
- Switch to the Cardiac Care Freeze the first column of the worksheet.
- Format the range A3:F10 as an Excel table with headers using the Gold, Table Style Medium 5 table style. Enter CardiacCare as the name of the table.
- Donnie notices that the CardiacCare table is missing a record. Add the record shown in Table 1 to the end of the CardiacCare table.
Table 1: Data for the Range A11:F11
- The Maternity department has more admission criteria than other major divisions of the hospital. Donnie wants to summarize Maternity admissions data using subtotals to show the relationships between admission type and number of patients. Switch to the Maternity worksheet and complete the following steps:
- Sort the table by the Admission field in ascending order.
- Convert the table to a normal range.
- Insert subtotals into the range A3:F13, with the subtotals appearing at each change in the Admission column value. The subtotals should use the SUM function and include subtotals for the 2021, 2022, and 2023 fields.
- Switch to the Psychiatric worksheet and remove the duplicate record based on the values in the Admission and Service columns.
- The data bars in the last three columns make some of the numbers hard to read. Change the Data Bars conditional formatting for the range D4:F12 to use the Solid Fill Green Data Bar
- Donnie wants to calculate total admissions for the hospital for each year. Switch to the All Departments worksheet, then create the following formulas:
- In cell D40 use the SUM function with a structured reference to total the values in the 2021 column of the AllDepartments table.
- In cell E40 use the SUM function with a structured reference to total the values in the 2022 column of the AllDepartments table.
- In cell F40 use the SUM function with a structured reference to total the values in the 2023 column of the AllDepartments table.
- Donnie wants to prepare the AllDepartments table for 2024 data when it becomes available.
Add a table column to the end of the table.
Your workbook should look like the Final Figures on the following pages. Save your changes, close the workbook, and then exit Excel. Follow the directions on the SAM website to submit your completed project.
Final Figure 1: Cancer Center Worksheet
Final Figure 2: Cardiac Care Worksheet
Final Figure 3: Maternity Worksheet
Final Figure 4: Psychiatric Worksheet
Final Figure 5: All Departments Worksheet
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at email@example.com with your version of question.