Scrub Jay Peripherals
Performing Calculations with Formulas and Functions
- Open the file NP_EX19_3a_FirstLastNamexlsx, available for download from the SAM website.
- Save the file as NP_EX19_3a_FirstLastNamexlsx by changing the “1” to a “2”.
- If you do not see the .xlsx file extension in the Save As dialog box, do not type it. The program will add the file extension for you automatically.
- With the file NP_EX19_3a_FirstLastNamexlsx still open, ensure that your first and last name is displayed in cell B6 of the Documentation sheet.
- If cell B6 does not display your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
- Danilo Lewellen is an entrepreneur planning to manufacture and market an innovative handheld controller for virtual reality gaming. Danilo is building a business plan as he recruits investors and plans logistics for the launch of his new company, Scrub Jay Peripherals, and wants to use Excel to summarize data and create projections.
Switch to the Sales Projections Use the values in the range B6:C6 to extend the incremented percentages to the range D6:H6.
- Use the values in the range A7:A8 to extend the list of years to the range A9:A11.
- Use AutoFill to fill the range A9:H11 with the formatting from the range A7:H8.
- In cell B8, create a formula without using a function that multiplies the value in cell B7 by the value in cell B6 and then adds the value in B7. Update the cell reference to cell B6, from a relative reference to a mixed reference by making an absolute reference to row 6. Copy the formula from cell B8 to the range B9:B11 and then copy the formulas from the range B8:B11 to the range C8:H11.
- Switch to the Cost Estimates In cell A9, create a formula using the AVERAGE function that calculates the average of the values in the range A5:A7, then copy your formula to cell D9.
- In cell A10, create a formula using the MAX function that identifies the maximum value in the range A5:A7 and then copy your formula to cell D10.
- In cell A11, create a formula using the MIN function that identifies the minimum value in the range A5:A7 and then copy your formula to cell D11.
- In cell B13, create a formula using the VLOOKUP function that looks up the value from cell A11 in the range A5:B7, returns the value in column 2, and specifies an exact match. Copy the formula to cell E13.
- Switch to the Profit Projections In cell H5, use the TODAY function to insert the current date.
- In cell H7, create a formula that uses the NETWORKDAYS function to calculate the number of working days between the dates in cells H5 and H6.
- Use the values in the range B12:C12 to extend the incremented percentages to the range D12:H12.
- Use the values in the range A13:A14 to extend the list of years to the range A15:A17.
- In cell B13, create a formula without a function using absolute references that subtracts the values of cells B5 and B7 from cell B6 and then multiplies the result by cell B8. Copy the formula from cell B13 to the range C13:H13.
- In cell B14, create a formula without using a function that adds 1 to the value in cell B12 and then multiplies the result by the value in cell B13. Update the reference to cell B12, from a relative reference to a mixed reference by making an absolute reference to row 12. Copy the formula from cell B14 to the range B15:B17 and then copy the formulas from the range B14:B17 to the range C14:H17.
- Delete row 19.
Your workbook should look like the Final Figures on the following pages. Save your changes, close the workbook, and then exit Excel. Follow the directions on the SAM website to submit your completed project.
(Note: The value in cell H7 of the Profit Projections worksheet may differ from that shown below.)
Final Figure 1: Sales Projections Worksheet
Final Figure 2: Cost Estimates Worksheet
Final Figure 3: Profit Projections Worksheet
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at email@example.com with your version of question.