Bergamot Urgent Care Clinic
Formatting Workbook Text and Data
- Open the file NP_EX19_2a_FirstLastNamexlsx, available for download from the SAM website.
- Save the file as NP_EX19_2a_FirstLastNamexlsx by changing the “1” to a “2”.
- If you do not see the .xlsx file extension in the Save As dialog box, do not type it. The program will add the file extension for you automatically.
- With the file NP_EX19_2a_FirstLastNamexlsx still open, ensure that your first and last name is displayed in cell B6 of the Documentation sheet.
- If cell B6 does not display your name, delete the file and download a new copy from the SAM website.
- Jennifer Williams is the business manager at the Bergamot Urgent Care Clinic. Jennifer is adding formatting to the workbook she uses to track statistics on patient visits to make it easier to read and use. Change the theme of the workbook to Office.
- Switch to the Visits worksheet and then format the headings. Merge and Center the range A1:H1.
- Apply the Heading 1 style to the range A1:H1.
- Merge and Center the range A2:H2.
- Next, Jennifer needs to format the report dates. Change the background color of the range A4:B5 to Gray, Accent 3, Lighter 80% (7th column, 2nd row of the Theme Colors palette).
- Format the range A4:A5 as bold.
- Format the range B4:B5 to use a date format with a two-digit month, a two-digit day, and a two-digit year (e.g., 09/26/21).
- She also wants to format the table headings. Format the range A7:H8 as italic.
- Apply horizontal centering to the contents of each cell in the range A7:H8.
- Change the background color of the range A7:H7 to Orange, Accent 2, Lighter 60% (6th column, 3rd row of the Theme Colors palette).
- Change the background color of the ranges B8:D8 and F8:H8 to Orange, Accent 2, Lighter 40% (6th column, 4th row of the Theme Colors palette).
- Merge and Center the range A7:A8 and then center the contents of the merged cell vertically.
- Merge and Center the range E7:E8 and then center the contents of the merged cell vertically.
- Merge and Center the range B7:D7 and then Merge and Center the range F7:H7.
- Jennifer would like to spruce up the table data. Change the background color of the range A10:H10 to White, Background 1, Darker 5% (1st column, 2nd row of the Theme Colors palette) and then repeat for the range A12:H12.
- In the range F9:H12, apply the Percentage number format with zero decimal places.
- Use the Highlight Cells Rules conditional formatting to format cells in the range G9:G12 with a value less than 6% using Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text.
- For the merged range A17:A23, rotate the cell contents to 0 degrees and then change the indent to 2.
- Find and replace all instances of the text “Ins” with Insurance, not including any punctuation. (Hint: You should find and replace two instances.)
- Finally, she needs to format the workbook for printing. Insert a page break to start a new page at row 14.
- Set the margins to Narrow.
- Set rows 1 and 2 as print titles.
- Create a custom footer for the worksheet. In the left footer section, display the current page number using a Header and Footer element. In the center footer section, display the Sheet Name using a Header and Footer element.
Your workbook should look like the Final Figures on the following pages. Save your changes, close the workbook, and then exit Excel. Follow the directions on the SAM website to submit your completed project.
Final Figure 1: Visits Worksheet
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at email@example.com with your version of question.