This question relates to material covered in the Topic 3 on Financial Mathematics. This question addresses the 6th subject learning outcome.
- A couple wants to accumulate $10,000 by making payments of $800 at the end of each half year into a savings account that earns interest of 10% per annum. Find the number of full payments required and the size of the concluding payment.
- A woman wins $200,000 in a lottery. She takes only $20,000 in cash and invests the balance at a rate of interest of 10% with the understanding that she will receive 180 equal monthly payments, with the first one to be made in 4 years. Find the size of the payments.
- Dr.Ritz has been depositing $4,000 in her savings account every December since 2007. Her account earns 5% compounded annually. How much will she have in December 2017? (Assume a deposit will be made in the year 2017).
- Mary Tune will receive $20,000 every year for the next 10 years as a payment for a new song she has written. If a 6.0% rate is applicable, should she be willing to sell out her future rights now for $150,000?
- Mr. Tomas wants to buy an annuity of $1,000 a year for 10 years that is protected against inflation. The ABC Trust Company offers to sell him an annuity where payments increase each year by exactly 10%. Find the cost of this annuity if the rate of interest is 12% per annum.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your version of question.