Scenario #1: Financial statements and ratios
Here is the list of accounts of Extase Inc. as at September 30, 2012:
|Accumulated Depreciation – trucks and equipment||$31,000|
|Fringe benefits payable||5,400|
|Cost of sales||161,600|
|Share capital as at October 1, 2011||200,000|
|Accumulated amortization – building||63,000|
|Retained earnings as at October 1, 2011||92,800|
|Trucks and equipment||182,500|
- Prepare an Income Statement, a Balance Sheet and a Statement of Stockholders’ Equity as of September 30, 2012.
- Calculate the following performance ratios within one decimal place. (Show your formula and calculations).
- Return on Assets
- Return on Equity
- Current Ratio
- Average Collection Period
- Net profit Margin
Scenario #2: Bank reconciliation
You are given the following information about the Lamontagne Health Centre.
|Balance as at July 1||6,540||6,540|
|Interest deposited directly into the account||900|
|Minus: July cheques|
|NSF cheque from a client||235|
Balance as at July 31
Prepare the July bank reconciliation. Use an Excel spreadsheet to prepare the statement.
Scenario #3: Operating expenses
For each of the following cases, state whether an operating expense should be recognized, in what amount and during which period.
- On November 30, 2012, the company paid $5,000 to publish ten ads. During the period ended December 31, 2012, only five ads were published.
- The costs of a strike that took place in 2012 were $75,000.
- A semi-trailer, purchased at the beginning of the year and costing $135,000, travelled 320,000 kilometers in 2012. The company usually gets rid of its semi-trailers after they travel 1,600,000 kilometers.
- The company paid $499,700 in wages to its employees in 2012.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is sent within 2 to 5 minutes on your Email ID. But it may take up to 1 hour in case of high load on server. Solution is available in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your version of question.