Question 1: Inventories
Anna’s Frozen Treats Ltd sells only one product, a refreshing lemonade ice-block that is very popular during the summer. The company uses the perpetual inventory system for recording its cost of sales. The inventories and purchases for the month of December 2019 are as follows:
|Quantity||Cost per unit||Quantity|
During the month units were sold for $3.50 per unit.
Required: For the purpose of this question, please ignore GST. Show ALL your workings.
- Calculate the cost of goods available for sale in December.
- Calculate the cost of sales for 14 December using the FIFO method.
- Calculate the cost of sales for 14 December using the LIFO method.
- Calculate the cost of sales for 14 December using the weighted average cost method.
- Using the weighted average cost method, calculate the $ amount assigned to the inventory on hand at 31 December and the gross profit earned for the month of December.
Question 2: Statement of Cash Flows
Set out below are Williams Ltd’s financial statements for the year ended 30 June:
Comparative Statement of Financial Position as at 30 June
|Cash||$ 95,000||$ 47,250|
|Accounts receivable (net)||86,800||57,000|
|Property, plant and equipment||250,000||205,000|
|Liabilities and Shareholders’ Equity|
|Accounts payable $ 52,700||48,280|
|Accrued operating expenses 12,100||18,830|
|Notes payable (long-term) 100,000||70,000|
|Share capital 250,000||200,000|
|Retained earnings 174,000||121,790|
|Total liabilities and shareholders’ equity $588,800||$458,900|
Statement of Profit or Loss for the year ended 30 June 2020
|Gain on sale of equipment||8,750|
|Cost of sales $ 99,460|
|Operating expenses 64,370|
|Income tax expense 7,270|
|Interest expense 5,440||(176,540)|
|Net profit after tax||$ 132,210|
The following additional information was provided:
- All sales and purchases of inventories were on account.
- Accounts payable pertains to inventory creditors.
- Additional equipment was purchased for cash during the year.
- Investments were sold for cash at cost.
- Equipment costing $47,000 was sold for cash with a gain of $8,750.
- A cash dividend was declared and paid during the year.
- Operating expenses include depreciation expense of $49,700.
- Income tax expense and interest expense were settled in cash.
- Additional shares were issued for cash during the year.
Required: For the purpose of this question, please ignore GST, but show all your workings.
- Prepare a Statement of Cash Flows for Williams Ltd for the year ended 30 June 2020 using the direct method.
- Prepare a reconciliation of net profit after tax to net cash provided from operating activities.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at email@example.com with your version of question.