Alba Ltd hires out equipment and furniture for parties. The unadjusted trial balance of the business appears as shown below.
Unadjusted Trial Balance as at 30 June 2018
|Cash at bank
Accumulated depreciation – party equipment
Accumulated depreciation – furniture
E. Johns, Capital
E. Johns, Drawings
Hire fees revenue
|$||145 810||$||145 810|
- Expired insurance amounts to $850.
- June electricity costs of $300 have not been paid or recorded. No tax invoice has been received.
- Depreciation on the party equipment is $7850, and depreciation on the furniture is $9420.
- Hire fees of $1150 (plus GST of $115) were received in advance and were not considered to be revenue at balance date.
- The Rent Expense account contains $1320 paid for July 2018 rent.
- A hire fee of $264 received in cash (including $24 GST) was recorded by debiting Accounts Receivable.
- Salaries earned amounting to $810 will be paid in July and have not been recorded.
A. Set up T accounts for the accounts listed in the trial balance.
- Enter the account balances from the trial balance to the T accounts.
- Post the adjusting information directly to the T accounts.
B. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
C. Prepare an income statement and a statement of changes in equity for the year ended 30 June 2018.
D. Prepare a balance sheet as at 30 June 2018.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your version of question.