Financial Information for Lotus Limited and its 100% owned subsidiary, Troy Limited, for the period ended 31 December 2018 is shown in the table below:
|Lotus Limited||Troy Limited|
|Gain On Sale of Property, Plant and Equipment||2000||4000|
|Cost of Sales||42000||36000|
|Profit Before Income Tax||8000||17200|
|Income Tax Expense||2700||3900|
|Profit for the Period||5300||13300|
|Retained earnings ( 1 January 2018)||12000||6000|
|Interim Dividend Paid||5000||2000|
|Retained earnings (31 December 2018)||12300||17300|
- Lotus Limited acquired the shares in Troy Limited at 1 January 2018, buying the 10000 shares in Troy Limited for $40000. At that date, Troy Limited recorded share capital of $20000. The shares were bought on a cum div Troy Limited had declared prior to the acquisition a dividend of $6000 that was paid in March 2018.
- At 1 January 2018, all identifiable assets and liabilities of Troy Limited were recorded at fair value, except for inventories, for which the carrying amount was $800 less than fair value. A number of inventories have been difficult to sell, and 10% of it is still in hand at 31 December 2018.
- Inventories on hand in Troy Limited at 31 December 2018 also include some items acquired from Lotus Limited during the period ended 31 December 2018. These were sold by Lotus Limited for $10000, at a profit before tax of $2000.
- Half of the goodwill was written off as the result of an impairment test on 31 December 2018.
- During March 2018, Lotus Limited provided management services to Troy Limited at a fee of $1000 paid by 31 December 2018.
- On 1 July 2018, Troy Limited sold machinery to Lotus Limited at a gain of $4000. This machinery had a carrying amount to Troy Limited of $40000. Lotus considered that this machinery had a 5 year life.
- By 31 December 2108, the financial assets acquired by Lotus Limited and Troy Limited from external entities increased $2000 and $1300 respectively, with gains and losses being recognised in other comprehensive income.
- The TAX RATE is 30%
- Prepare the acquisition analysis as at 1 January 2018.
- Prepare the business combination valuation entries and pre-acquisition entries as at 1 January 2018.
- Prepare the business combination valuation entries and pre-acquisition at 31 December 2018.
- Prepare the consolidation worksheet journal entries to eliminate the effects of intragroup transactions at 31 December 2018.
- Prepare the consolidation worksheet for the preparation of the consolidated financial statements for the period ended 31 December 2018.
- Prepare the consolidated statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income for Lotus Limited and its subsidiary, Troy limited, at 31 December 2018.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your version of question.