ABC Ltd was registered on 30 June 2019. The next day, the directors issued a prospectus inviting applicants for 400000 ordinary shares with an issue price of $2. The shares were payable in full on application. By 31 July, the company had received 500000 applications, together with the application monies. The directors allotted 400000 shares on 1 August and returned the money for additional applications.
- Prepare general journal entries to record the above data.
- Enter the above data into ledgers.
Jamuna River Ltd purchased a parcel of assets and liabilities comprising a business directly from Lyneham Pty Ltd. The parcel, measured at net fair values, consisted of:
Balance of Accounts:
Accounts receivable 30,000
Accounts payable (48000)
Prepare journal entries to record the acquisition by Jamuna River Ltd, assuming that:
(i) The cost of acquisition was $600,000 cash.
(ii) The cost of acquisition was $432,000 cash.
On 1 July 2018, Sunflower Ltd acquired 90% of the share capital to gain control of Palm Ltd. The following intra-group transactions occurred during the year ending 30 June 2019. Tax assumed 30%.
- During the 2018 – 2019 period, Sunflower Ltd sold inventory to Palm Ltd for $1600,000. Sunflower Ltd purchased this inventory at $1000,000. By 30 June 2019, Palm Ltd has sold 70% of that inventory to third party.
- Palm Ltd declared a final dividend of $1300, 000 from current year’s profits.
- Palm Ltd paid Sunflower Ltd, a fee for administrative services they provided of $40,000.
- Palm Ltd has an intra-group loan with Sunflower Ltd. Sunflower Ltd provided a loan of $10,000,000. The loan charges 4% interest annually. One half of the interest for the current year remains unpaid at 30 June 2019.
- Palm Ltd sold a land to Sunflower Ltd for $560000. The land was purchased by Palm Ltd at $ 300000.
- Prepare the journal entries required to eliminate the intra-group transactions above.
- When are profits realised in relation to inventory transfers within the group?
On 1st July, 2018 Nile Ltd Ltd acquired 70% of the share capital of Amazon Ltd for $80,000,000.
Equity of Amazon Ltd at acquisition date was:
Share Capital $ 52,000,000
General Reserve $ 20,000,000
Retained Earnings $ 10,000,000
All assets of Amazon Ltd were recorded at fair value on acquisition, except for one property which had a fair value which was $2,000,000 lower than its carrying amount. The cost of the property was $20,000,000 with accumulated depreciation of $12,000,000. Ignore Taxes.
- Complete the worksheet below using the NET method.
- Prepare the consolidation adjustments and eliminations entries and recognise the NCI in the pre-acquisition equity of Amazon Ltd, assuming that the NCI was measured at the proportionate share of the acquiree’s identifiable net assets.
Elimination of Investment in Amazon Ltd
|Amazon Ltd (S) $,000||Nile Ltd Ltd
(70% of Amazon ) (P) $,000
|Fair Value of consideration transferred|
|Less: FV of identifiable assets acquired & liabilities assumed|
|Share capital on acquisition date||52,000|
|General reserve-acquisition date||20,000|
|Retained earnings-acquisition date||10,000|
|Fair value adjustment|
|Goodwill on acquisition|
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at email@example.com with your version of question.