A manufacturing company HES Inc. has two product lines. Traditional product has unit price of $340 and Classic has a unit price of $480. Firm’s manufacturing overhead costs are applied as $420 per direct labor hour.
Budgeted statement of gross margin 2020
Traditional Classic Total
Sales in units 10000 8000 18000
Beginning finished goods $480,000.00 $500,000.00 $980,000.00
Direct material $2,000,000.00 $3,400,000.00 $5,400,000.00
Direct labor $370,370.00 $185,186.00 $555,556.00
Ending finished goods $480,000.00 $520,000.00 $1,000,000.00
Overhead breakdown in percentage
Material Handling 6.95%
|Cost pool info for 2020||Traditional||Classic|
|Direct labor hours||2000||1000|
|Material handling parts||10||20|
Projections 2021 Traditional Classic
Ending inventory in dollars $460,000.00 $510,000.00
Sales in units 10200 7800
Material, labor and overhead costs are expected to increase by 10% each in 2021.
Unit sale prices for both products are expected to increase by $20 each in 2021.
Percentage of overhead remains the same in 2021.
The cost driver units are staying the same in 2021.
There are two clients A and B with special orders for Traditional. The two clients ordered the same number of units
You tracked its COGS by its extra number of specifications per units by month in 2020
|Client A in 2020||# of specifications||COGS|
|Client B in 2020||# of specifications||COGS|
(Do not round down in calculations until the final answer at two decimal point.)
- Prepare a gross margin table based on traditional costing method with sales and COGS in total dollars for 2020 for both product lines
- Prepare a gross margin table based on activities method with sales and COGS in total dollars for 2020 for both product lines
- What does the information in both 2020 tables tell you?
- Prepare a gross margin table based on activities method with sales and COGS in total dollars for 2021 for both product lines
- Calculate the fixed cost and variable cost components of COGS for the two clients using the least squares regression method. Show your work and write out the regression model equation for each client.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at email@example.com with your version of question.