Topic 6 – Regulation, PP&E and Intangibles
Magpie Ltd uses many kinds of machines in its operations. It constructs some of these machines itself and acquires others from the manufacturers. Machine A was acquired on 1 July 2017. Machine A has a useful life of 5 years and has a zero residual value. The Machine A is depreciated on a straight-line basis.
The following information relates to Machine A that it has recorded in the 2017–18 period.
Cash paid for machine A, including GST of $8,000
Costs of transporting machine — insurance and transport
Labour costs of installation by expert fitter
Labour costs of testing machine
Insurance costs for 2017–18
Costs of training for personnel who will use the machine
Costs of safety rails and platforms surrounding machine
Costs of water devices to keep machine cool
Costs of adjustments to machine to make it operate more efficiently
- Determine the amount at which Machine A should be recorded in the records of Magpie Ltd. For items not included in the cost of the machine, note how they should be accounted for.
- Prepare journal entries to record:
- The cost of Machine A and any costs to be expensed.
- Depreciation expense for the year ended 30 June 2018 for Machine A
- Prepare an extract of the Statement of Financial Position as at 30 June 2018.
Click on Buy Solution and make payment. All prices shown above are in USD. Payment supported in all currencies. Price shown above includes the solution of all questions mentioned on this page. Please note that our prices are fixed (do not bargain).
After making payment, solution is available instantly.Solution is available either in Word or Excel format unless otherwise specified.
If your question is slightly different from the above question, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your version of question.